Saturday, February 6, 2021

Next break through in "self- "


 


Cars have been testing "self-driving" and it seems to be getting closer a reality.  So, what can we do in the boating industry to match that?  Well last night it came to me as I was sleeping.  Around 3:30 am I heard a noise of a boat starting their engine.  Other than the time it really didn't make an impact until I realized it was my boat that was trying to start it's own engine.  By the time I got over to the starboard side the diesel engine had finally started and was running, a little rough but running.  I adjusted the throttle some and it just purred.

So, if cars can "self-drive" let’s go for boats "self-start".

Doing some research, it seems like this "self-starting" has occurred to other diesel engines when the starting solenoid or starting switch are just right and the weather is just right.  There are several fixes that I will be working on with Kris to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Or maybe we should leave it alone and start to market it?

 




Maybe the boat was sending us a sign that it is time to leave the docks.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment